Most of the time people discuss about trading techniques. How to make profit, what is the best strategy, how to analyze charts, what has happened with the market, etc. Too focus on trading till forget one important factor, HEALTH, particularly eyes health. Health is very important factor and traders should place this above trading, as you could not make money if you have eyes problem. Staring at monitor can cause eyestrain, blurry vision, difficulty in focusing at a distance, and dry eyes
A simple exercise can help to maintain healthy eyes. It is known as focal point exercises. This is how you do it: pick a point at the other end of the room, or out the window, then, every half an hour stare at that point for two minutes to help the eyes to relax. A simple exercise to maintain your healthy eyes.
The other exercise is eyes yoga. First, open the eyelids, keep the head and neck still, and relax the entire body. Then, raise your eyeballs up to 12 o’clock, and hold them there for a second. Next, lower the eyeballs to 6 o’clock and hold them there again. Continue moving the eyeballs up and down for ten times, without blinking if possible. After ten movements, rub your palms together to produce heat and gently cover them over your eyes, without pressing. Allow the eyes to relax in complete darkness. Repeat this exercise with eyes movements – 9 o’clock to 3 o’clock, 2 o’clock to 7 o’clock, 11 o’clock to 4 o’clock – end each movement by covering your warmed palms over your eyes. Conclude the routine with ten full circles in each direction, as you are tracing the clock’s rim.
Below are simple steps to maintain healthy eyes:
- Ensure your eyes prescription is up-to-date and adequate for computer use
- Position your monitor so that your healthy eyes are level with the top of the monitor.
- Avoid glare on your monitor from windows and lights. Use an anti-glare screen if needed.
- Choose a comfortable, supportive chair. Adjust it so that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Blink more if you feel your eyes are dry. Healthy eyes need to be moist all the time
- If possible, rest your eyes by looking 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes to keep your eyes healthy. At least every two hours, get up and take a 15 minutes break.
- Eat healthy (egg, nuts, beans, fish, fruits, vegetables, lemon juice, salmon, tuna, fish oils, etc)